Amelia Island holly

Amelia Island holly
Amelia sand dune

Monday, May 13, 2013

Off the Beaten Path


Right near our plot of land in the coop garden is this bright patch of flowers .  The sun brightened every tassel in red glory.  While Norm is watering the vegetables and plants I either read, work on my blogs or walk with my camera.  Gone are my days of gardening except for advice....and cooking what we reap.  Today I juiced with our own Russian Kale and carrots...don't knock it until you try it with strawberries, apples and celery.  

True to finding bits and pieces of lovely Amelia here and there, this was a treasure for my camera...which is also red, so it may have felt a kinship.  The days are warming on Amelia.  It will soon be too hot for afternoon walks and back to early morning meandering. 

 I have to learn never to leave my camera behind.  Last week we were in Neptune Beach in Jacksonville.  Sailing right by us - a gentleman on his bicycle, a big white parrot on his shoulder!!!
And where was my camera?

Home where it had been left behind in a rush to get to a doctor's appointment.








No comments:

Post a Comment